The AIHA Laboratory Accreditation
Program is established.
AIHA creates the American Industrial
AIHA publishes the first Workplace
Environmental Exposure Level (WEEL)
Publication of The Synergist,
a quarterly newsletter, begins.
AIHA moves its headquarters to
AIHA, ACGIH and ABIH adopt a joint
code of ethics for industrial hygienists.
First issue of The Synergist
as a magazine.
AIHA® and ACGIH® begin joint
publication of the Journalof Occupational
and Environmental Hygiene.
AIHA's Laboratory Quality Assurance Program is
reorganized as the AIHA Laboratory Accreditation
Top: Alice Hamilton, a pioneer in the field of industrial hygiene, at Chrysler Industrial Hygiene Laboratories in 1936. With Hamilton are (left to right) AIHA
founders Carey McCord, Gordon Harrold, and Stuart
Middle: AIHA’s first president, William P. Yant (left),
with president-elect Warren A. Cook in a 1940 photo.
Bottom: AIHA’s first banquet, at the Hotel Pennsylvania
in New York City, 1940.
AIHA and ACGIH announce plans to develop
a strategic alliance.
Top: The MSA Exhibit at the American Industrial Hygiene Conference in Washington, D.C., 1962.
Middle: A map of AIHA’s local sections in 1940.
Today, AIHA has 72 local sections.
Bottom: Attendees and exhibitors in an undated
photo from AIHce.